View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 03:50 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1970 L78 NOVA SS 396 4-SPEED DOCUMENTED

Dear BigG,

First, It seems I was 50% wrong in my previous post. I want to say I'm sorry and hope you will accept my appology.

It's great to hear that the car has been re-united with the original engine. I'm sure with your considerable experience with million dollar cars you knew to document your efforts in obtaining the original engine. The names and phone numbers of the past owners of both the car and engine and your conversations with them will be of great interest to prospective buyers. Signed and notarized affidavits from those same people and a receipt for the purchase of the engine on letterhead or a pre-printed invoice with sellers name and address are great documentation. This would create a fantastic paper trail and along with the build sheet and GM of Canada paperwork are great provenance for your car. I have emailed a copy of this thread to myself and suggest you might do so as well, to include as part of such history keeping.

I'm sure you were already aware of the steps I suggested. But I wanted to make sure those less familar with what to look for in their due diligence had some idea of the questions they would be asked when selling their own car.

If you would care to share the tale of obtaining the original engine with all of us, we would enjoy it immensely. It would also keep you from having to tell the same story over and over as you could provide a link to this thread or email a copy to those genuinely interested in purchasing your car.

Best Regards,

Howard Cox
aka "rubbinisracing"
[email protected]

Growing old is a certainty, growing up isn't