View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 07:07 PM

Default How It All Began

Birdie and I were on our way to Mt. Emblem Cemetery to visit the family graves. Going east on Grand Ave. there is a Buick dealer on the north side of Grand Ave. We were traveling in our maroon '86 Monte Carlo SS. Birdie hollered out, "Look at that Regal!" There, on an elevated metal stand was this white, '87 turbo Regal! There were balloons attached to the "T" bar billowing in the wind. I turned around and went back to the dealer to take a look at this car that caught Birdie's eye. Looking over the car, I was immediately interested. A salesman came out and we started negotiations to buy the car, only to discover that someone was trying to lease it! Another salesman told us he had someone wanting to buy our '86 Monte Carlo SS! We left the dealer somewhat disappointed. About an hour after we arrived at home, the dealer called and told us the lease deal fell through, and we could buy the car. He made sure to tell us to bring the '86 Monte Carlo, because he had a buyer for it! We went back, and bought the car! The '86 Monte Carlo was sold before we got there. The Regal has been in our family ever since, now Jacob #10 is enjoying it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigjake For This Useful Post:
dykstra (12-04-2023), markinnaples (08-19-2018), RPOLS3 (08-19-2018)