View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 11:52 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,600 Times in 1,139 Posts
Default Re: Show us your shop!

WOW!!! There are some pretty cool shops on this thread! I just recently was able to move into mine after buying it last November. We let the people we bought it from rent it out for a few months until I couldn't stand it anymore [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img] And so finally, they're out, and I'm in!!! WooHoo!!!!

I'm located in a place called Garage Oasis and there are about 100+ units in here. Some own 6+ units and have them interconnected. Really slick. Most are show piece style mancaves with every new tool know to man hanging neatly on the wall. Then you come to the riff-raff section of town, like me, and have a shop &quot;shop&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] The way I figure it, we can use my shop to get dirty and then go to the other shops and have happy hour after a hard day's work! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Mine is 1500 sq. ft. with 25ft ceilings. Roll up doors either end. I built all the benches and lined them all with power strips. The one side of the shop has my compressor, air dryer, blasting cabinet, and a 3/4&quot; Rapid Air pressure line running down the length of the shop with an outlet at each bench and two retractable 50ft hose reels. The end outlet is a dedicated tire pressure station and is close to the roll-up door. The cabinet is connected to a &quot;T&quot; with a shut off so a simple turn of the valve and I'm aired up for blasting.

Having had three other shops, I tried to make this as ergonomic as I could to get the most work done as quickly as I could. The other side of the shop has a parts washing station, my library of service manuals/catalogs, and more tables/shelves as well as two 50ft retractable hose reels. Electric/Air can reach every corner of the shop to include outside each roll up door by a car's length. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

The plan at the end of the year is to build a mezzanine that is 24ftx24ft for storage of parts and such. That'll be the next step..Phase II!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] I call it &quot;The Classic Car Hangar&quot; where my classic car dreams take flight! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Of course a lot more crazy crap and signs to put on the wall, and maybe one of those Big A$$ Fans too. The shop has heat and A/C as well, but to help out the air flow I mounted two 22&quot; three-speed oscillating fans on opposite ends of the work benches so I can have air on my at any place in the shop and the fan isn't intrusive.

More pics as I get some more stuff done! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img]

Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]