View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 11:14 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

for what its worth (not much), my aunt and uncle owned a shell gas station right next that dealership at ogden back in the day. She loved to take me to cubs games and I had to stay at that gas station alot with my brother before we went (usually there for a good part of a day or so). The street machines they worked on in their repair bays were incredible that I think we cars that came from that dealer. I was experienced at hanging pumps (easy way to make extra cash) filling up customer cars at gas stations deeper in the city, but did not do that at my aunts station in Hinsdale.

I was there when street machines were the rage and a stock camaro was ok, but if a chevelle or nova came in idling high to keep up with its cam (which seemed to be often) it was a treat. The crazier the car the better. My favorite was my cousin's 62 vette (who was a mechanic at the station) that had a blower and was a fawn beige color, all street machine. Yenkos and copos did not compare in their stock dress. A 70-71 chevelle jacked up in the front was way more interesting. I am sure cars from that dealership came there as it was the closest gas station.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to black69 For This Useful Post:
Copo_Cartel (02-24-2023), PeteLeathersac (02-24-2023)