Thread: Fender markings
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 02:51 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,617 Times in 1,192 Posts

Frankly, I know nothing about "build sequence production" vs whatever else kind of production is being touted; and I really don't care to get sucked into whatever argument or ongoing debate there might be.

Clearly, we now have three fender extensions with markings that certainly don't APPEAR to be numerical. I don't think you can interpret that 2nd one as 612 or Bill's as 6111. That certainly does NOT in any way indicate that there wasn't build sequence production." Just means that for some reason a worker put some code under there.

All three have a G, so that would lead credence to the theory that it had something to do with emblem choice, as all three are Z/28 cars. Damn, both my fender extensions had small creases, and i replaced them both when I painted the car (also a Norwood Z/28). Makes me wish I had looked at them very closely before getting rid of them. They were original to the car. The fact that several have surfaced with "COPO" scrawled on the inside also supports that theory (no front emblem).

The R also makes sense as Rally Sport, as that RS emblem is virtually impossible to install once the front clip is on the car, as is the Camaro emblem.

So, what in the world would the "M" be there for on Bill's car?