View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 05:47 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Undertaker View Post
This is a sign of the times. Everyone is EXPECTED to embrace new technology, "out with the old, in with the new" as they say. I've noticed that we, as we grow older, are not looked upon as a viable part of the purchasing populace as younger generations are. Oldies music stations that used to play songs from the fifties, sixties & seventies are now playing songs from the seventies (for now at least), eighties, & early nineties. The advertising agencies, and companies in general, target the younger generations for their products because of the sheer volume in numbers of younger people that there are. Many of the older baby boomers cannot or refuse to grasp the new technology of cell phones & other advanced technological marvels of this era. I see it everywhere. Young people losing hours upon hours of their young lives sitting in Starbucks or other 'in vogue' gathering places trolling on the internet. This method of obtaining news takes a lot longer by scrolling down through column by column of an online periodical than just paging through a magazine or newspaper, sometimes due to pop-up ads ad nauseum. As I grow older, and time is more dear to me than anything else, I have little or no patience for this waste of my days left on Earth. I will NOT view magazine articles on the net. In short, I feel the days of these discontinued magazines will continue to decline until they all go out of business. These opinions represented here are opinions of the author of this original post. Form your own conclusions. Thank you, Don.
So True Don, well put.