View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 11:45 PM

I've managed to get some useless stuff done, but nothing of importance.

I'm pretty much certain it's got the wrong shifter cable. To distract myself from that disappointment, I decided to put the speakers I got for Christmas into it. Well, the old wires were just too brittle to trust, and I had a hard time getting the radio out, so.... RETROSOUND!

Of course, even that can't go smoothly. I had to order the plastic retainer for the dash bezel, which I'm waiting on. And I only ordered one speaker grille (the ones I got didn't come with 'em) so that too.

Trying to finish one project at a time, but I need some help.

I have to do the fuel pump, so that's the next project. I'm sure it's not, but I am hoping and praying that's where my engine noise is from, rather than a timing chain or god forbid dead cam lobe. It's always run just inconsistent enough to where none of them can be ruled out. I really don't know. I'm sure replacing the chain would be a good idea, but between the brakes (which still aren't done- and I need to find someone else who can do them, as the guy we wanted is retiring, and I sure as hell don't have the skill and brakes are one area I don't want to play around with) and whatnot, the money just isn't there right now.

It's a 454, 10.25:1, 291 heads, and a Comp 305H flat tappet. What's the right flow? 80 GPH? 110? I've never replaced one (and I've been warned of making sure I get the lever in the right spot)

Oh, and I was jamming to Beggars' Day when I took the picture, in case you wondered!
Attached Images

'68 Camaro SS (454/TH400, possible L78/M22) LeMans Blue, black deluxe interior, black vinyl top. 3.73- mostly Day 2.
'89 Mustang GT- 3.55, subframe connectors, muffler delete, and a couple other minor mods. Exactly as he wanted it, so how it shall stay

Also:
1995 Ford F-150 XL
2004 Dodge Ram Hemi GTX- #192 of 433

Ain't no fun in viewing your car as an 'investment'. Get out there and beat on it!

Last edited by JRC99; 03-27-2021 at 11:49 PM.