View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 12:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Yes, I did too Tim and didn't want to say too much. The $130K bid on the Mustang that sold for $200k plus was very telling to me. I think he has 190 bids during the last year all well below the selling price! BAT charged him $2,900 for my purchase, so I suspect that might curb his bidding for a while LOL!

As for the car, no response on my offer to hold the car and I just learned from the shipping company that his excuse of not being able to import the car without a valid passport is a lie, so I notified BAT this morning that the sale was not going through and sent them the emails from the guy. Apparently, BAT has a dept that looks after this sort of thing.

No matter what happens, I think a no sale might hurt a future sale as people will wonder what happened. Pisses me off to be honest. I'll see what BAT says, but if I have the option, I think I would rather keep the car and relist it next year in the Spring if I still want to sell it. I plan on getting it out this weekend for a drive. Something that I had planned to do when I bought it but never really got around to doing because of the Covid restrictions up here. When you have a car for sale and answer a bunch of questions and take pics of details etc. it really makes you appreciate a special car a little more. I know that there is no way one could restore this car for $58,000.

1996 Carrera & 1993 Fat Boy

Last edited by Zedder; 09-29-2021 at 02:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zedder For This Useful Post:
olredalert (09-29-2021)