View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 09:42 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Well, it was a brief brush with uncertainty! But the power of Yenko.net saved this Cuda from the grips of someone who no doubt would have done a great restoration, but would it have been as entertaining?? That's the real question!

So, moving forward, I've rethunk the thinking on Crusty and Crunchy. Much in the spirit of the Beater Bee, I think I'm going to just get Crusty on the road right now ash's drive/ show her as-is with the exception of some rust repair and some strategeric spot-spritzing of FC7. Then, that'll come to MCACN next year, and all the while, I'll dive into the full blown resto of Crunchy. That way I'll have one Shaker Cuda driving while the other is under the knife! What could be more cool? I don't know either!!

So, step one will be to fix the cowl rot. That involves yanking out the fresh 340, dash, windshield, and remaining front interior trim. That should take about a day

As you can see with the 340 wearing a Shaker, it's not a huge pair of valve covers sticking out underneath. No, it's more like the Speedy Gonzales look. You know, a mouse wearing a sombrero! Also notice the offset of the centerline of the engine to the centerline of the car. Factory markings on the transmission, overspray on the bellhousing.... all good stuff!!

So here's the update and the start! More to come soon.
Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
427TJ (10-12-2019), markinnaples (10-12-2019), scuncio (10-12-2019)