View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 12:38 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Original 340 Shaker baseplate with "Made in Canada 3418673" ink stamp. As hard to find as a Millennial taking blame for their problems rather than blaming everyone else! I know!! Craaaaaaaaazy rare!

With assembly line work, there always seems to be something that just doesn't quite go as expected. On the Beater Bee, it was the clutch pedal bracket stud being broken, bent over, and a nut and bolt used in its place. On Crusty, the lower dash bolt wasn't used and a self tapping metal screw was used instead! I threaded the correct bolt in there and it works, so maybe the line guy dropped the bolt and used the self tapping one to save time? Nobody will see this since it's covered by the kick panel, so I think I'll actually use the correct bolt. It makes installing the dash easy that way anyway Speaking of the clutch pedal bracket (and yes, this is painted black, not body color) if you look closely at the hole to the right of the lower part of that bracket, you'll see a crappy drilled hole. That's the factory hole for the clutch neutral safety switch wire. Clean!

Up next is Cuda Welding 101 as I attempt to destroy not only a perfectly good aftermarket cowl, but the original along with it! You'll be sure to want to follow along!!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images