View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 05:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default My z back in 74,garnet red 302 m22

I went to a cruise night last week and as I walked out of the restaurant, there was a guy checking out my car. As I walked up to my car, the guy asked me if I wanted to sell it. He then proceeded to tell me that it was his dads car and he owned it from 1973 - 1983. He sold it to a coworker in 1983. The new owner painted it blue and beat the hell out of it. He told me that he and his dad had the cars VIN number and they have been looking for the car for 20+ years. The car was parked in 1989 and had not seen day light until I purchased it 2 years ago. He also told me that they had pictures of the car back then and that he would email them to me. When I got his email, I was totally blown away! It was as fun to see the pictures as it was to find the car 2 years ago.

A bit of the history that I know: The car was sold new at Hansen Chevrolet in Brigham City, Utah. It was originally garnet red, 302, M22. It was then painted bronze with murals around 1972 and then was sold again in 1983. It was then painted blue with silver stripes. When I found the car it had GM full quarters installed and everything else was still blue with the silver stripes. The attached pictures are from 1974 and 2017 as I found it and current pictures of the car.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duskblue For This Useful Post:
NorCam (10-31-2018), ruralrte66 (10-29-2018), YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY (10-31-2018)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry day2 z 6.jpeg day2 z 5.jpeg day2 z 3.JPG day 2 z 8.jpeg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...