View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 03:32 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,605 Posts

----I worked at a Cape Cod used car dealer for a couple of summers back in the early 70's and the owner ordered several 70 to 72 Corvette converts in primer. He did it because he was told that black was not an option and he painted all of them black. I only remember one of them being a big block and it was a 72. I'm pretty sure that one is still around on the Cape today.
----What stumps me about this good looking 68 is why anyone would go to the trouble of deleting the paint and then painting the car white which was an available color. The door jamb was very well done in white and I see no evidence that the car was ever any other color. I would think a tiny spot of any other color or even primer would have shown up somewhere. And...while the interior looks to possibly be original, saddle leather as stated in the add was not available in 1968. The leather on the seats show signs of originality although the remains of the paperwork show saddle vinyl, Tobacco was the chosen brownish interior color in that year. It seems almost impossible that GM would go to the trouble of doing carpet, door panels, hard-top panels, and all the other peices for ONE car. So many questions!.....Bill S

Last edited by olredalert; 09-20-2021 at 03:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
Lee Stewart (09-20-2021)