View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 03:11 PM

Cool 1970 Camaro Z28/RS - Penske car, 75% Original Paint

Original Roger Penske "Day 2" car, NCRS paperwork, NOM Motor and Tranny. Nice build on motor. Penske providence is just that, where it was originally purchased.
No evidence that it was modified by anyone other than the original owner.

As someone here said "So Real It's Scary" as a "Day 2" Camaro. The L88 hood, "traction action" bars, sidepipes and Rim's were added as I understand by the first owner shortly after buying this Camaro.

Some quotes from the old ad for this Camaro:

Quote:
"I’m guessing the buyer will be stoked. I’d be growing the pork chop sideburns and sourcing neck bling, flared pants and Peter Pan collared shirts."

"This thing is so ****ing cool I feel like I should give it my lunch money."

"It’s perfect the way it is, color, sidepipes, and especially those Cragar mags. Refreshing, instead of the giant unrecognizable pimping rims you mostly see on old muscle cars today. Hell yes."

"I’ll go out on a limb and predict the guy that laid the stripes on the rear deck and spoiler had only one good eye." (last part omitted for the sacrilege of getting rid of the side pipes!)

"Looks like a HotWheel I once owned!"

"This might be the actual car that inspired the Dead Milkmen to write, “Bitchin’ Camaro.”

"“Who owns this car with the peace sign, the mag wheels and the 4 on floor?”

"I agree 100% BAT, leave it be (well maybe a chain link wheel) and drive the hell out of it!"

"Bring a mullet and a pack of Lucky’s! Nice time capsule."

"Traction bars – check, L88 hood – check, T-Handle Hurst – check, Cragar SS – check ready to relive youth! Very much a ‘period-piece’ although back then, I always wondered why take a road-racing style of car and make it into a drag-racer? Drag racing is what MOPARs were for. But, a nice car that’s going to make someone in their late 50s early 60s very happy GLWS."

"It has been years since I have seen side pipes and an L-88 scoop. These are my favorite F bodies. Funny, I looked at the interior photo and Blue Oyster Cult popped into my head, that’s how period correct this is."

"I saw this and hoped for traction bars. Was not disappointed."

"Those stickers alone ‘gotta be worth an extra 10hp."
33,000 original miles and you can tell. The clock still works (although it does not keep accurate time), gauges work (tack intermittently) and original interior.

Underside while very clean, was painted to match the Citrus Green on the car.

Original Thread on the car here:

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=145614

and here:

https://www.yenko.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146203

This is a true "old school" Day 2 Camaro that has had very little mileage put on it. Recent tune up by my mechanic, Holley was rebuilt at that time. Runs great now.

Never any rust on this Z28/RS, all original panels other than the hood obviously. I have the original rim's but never got the hood from the prior owner.

This is an old fashioned fishing expedition, and will be driven to Crusin' The Coast this week and will be for sale there if anyone is there and interested.

Cool Penske story here:

https://www.autoremarketing.com/tren...g-selling-cars

Pics below at Motion Industries (A local company) are just nostalgic pics. The motion sticker in the trunk is believed to be real. Like many Day 2 hot rods, the OO stickered up the trunk. No indication that this was a motion car at any time.

$38,500.00

Rich

Last edited by 69LM1; 11-19-2019 at 08:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 69LM1 For This Useful Post:
markinnaples (10-04-2018)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...