View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 10:23 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
I passively read the COPO boards here. I'm a firebird guy so please excuse my ignorance, LOL.

I believe I may have spotted a COPO with a vin not in the registry. Are there known 69 COPO's from the missing Yenko list? I didn't want to go on a documentation goose chase so I've not pursued the car or the motor (they have two different owners).

I ran the NCRS and the car was sold from Joseph Chev in Cincinnati. Vin ends with N639XXX, a guy named Howard sold the motor on eBay 10 years ago...
Experts can correct me if I am wrong. The yenko list is different than the COPO list. The Yenko list was made from original log books from Yenko Chevrolet. The list is probably 98% as the log books were hand written and a few errors, etc have been noted.
The COPO list is a list of cars that have been located and information submitted about these cars. Apparently there were somewhere around 1000 COPOs built but, there is no all inclusive list of COPO cars. Probably most, but atleast hundreds are unknown and there is no list that has them all.
The best thing to do is gather info and take pics and post here. The experts will tell you if it is real. Do you believe it is a Yenko or only a COPO ? The Yenkos were COPOs in 1969 that certain options were added to by Yenko Chev.
But keep quiet of car’s location because there are also some unscrupulous buyers out there.

Last edited by iluv69s; 02-22-2019 at 11:56 AM.