View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 11:55 AM

I'm curious about all this stuff too. Unlike Charlie, in 15 yrs I will be 69. I'm wondering when the actual BIG PUSH to EV will come in my lifetime and when gas will start getting hard to get?

Just put on offer in for the shop I rent for my cars. 15 bay industrial shop, 3 buildings with units from 700 to 1000 sq feet. 99% of the insurance companies WOULD NOT INSURE if units were rented for working on cars and have "various petroleum products". I went thru 3 brokers to get insurance. FYI there conditions are being put into new lease that will be starting January 2021.

And not so much the grid that I worry about. Here in Ontario, we actually PAY the NW USA to take our excess hydro off our hands. So that no issue here. Charging station are popping up and are around. So like gas, you can find charging stations. FUNNY, there are very few E85 pumps in Ontario. I looked 3 yrs ago and the whole province only had 3 E85 suppliers??? But charging places are popping up pretty good now.

But what about all the jobs that will be lost with EV. Gasket companies, EFI guys, mechanics, oil changes etc. Ford just signed a 2 Billion $$$ union deal here in Ontario for there plants in Oakville and Windsor. There getting EV products and due to some government agreements, to manufacture EV vehicle, you MUST also produce batteries for them in that state or province. How many supporting companies and people will be lost with the change from internal combustion to EV?????
'78 Z28 32,000 survivor, Og Yellow paint, AC.
'69 CANADIAN Nova SS 396/350 hp
'67 CANADIAN Nova SS 427 10 sec. driver
'66 CANADIAN Nova SS Race Car
'61 CANADIAN Pontiac Bubble top 409+/4sp (SOLD)
'31 ALL STEEL Chevy P.U. GONE (EX-WIFES NOW)