View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 07:13 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Looks like you got the wheels that Jackie installed after he removed the contingency stickers and buffed it I guess. Someone told me it was cleared, but just polished I guess. Good, that was certainly patina.
I got both the Halibrand replicas that Jackie bought and the Torq-Thrusts that Mike put on. I was pleased to discover that the Jackie that Anthony referenced was actually Jackie Howerton, which only adds to the history. I found Jackie's phone number on an old receipt and gave him a call. He filled in some of the other blanks. He redid the suspension to make it a bit more drivable and added some traction bars off of a 57 Chevy he had and also replaced the exhaust system. There was some damage to the rear passenger floorpan when a driveshaft let loose. It had been patched it up, but Jackie is a perfectionist and it always bugged him knowing that the patch was there. He had so many other projects going on that he couldn't find time to do the repair. He didn't consider himself a Camaro guy and never quite gelled with the car.