View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 03:19 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Woj Phil Wojnarowski/Jim Walker1969 COPO Chevelle

As luck would have it, a week ago I took the COPO to a car show in Akron, Ohio on Father's Day; a gent came up to me and said that he was involved in racing this car in the mid 70's. He was best friends with the owner then and still great friends today. Well, I got the meet the third owner of the car today at an Akron area cruise-in, Denny W. He also retired from Goodyear as a manager in the aerospace division in Akron. He loved this car and regrets selling it, as everyone did. He sold it for a custom '63 Vette that he wanted to race. He bought this car around 1972 (kept it for about 3 years) and basically raced it a couple of weekends a month during the summer. He said it was a solid 12.0 second car all day long. It was reliable and consistent. He and his buddy Lloyd would take it to the track, uncork the headers, install the slicks, re-time and re-jet the engine and go to town. He raced in "D production, automatic" class.

Anyway, Lloyd, Denny's buddy, provided me with these photos today. The Venue was Dragway 42. We chatted for a good hour at the cruise-in then went to the Eagles club for a beer and more stories. It was a great day. Enjoy the photos.

PS. Near the close of the Father's Day Car Show, another gent came up to me to tell me stories of the 4th owner of the car. I contacted him last week, but have yet to meet him. More to follow...............

Third owner Denny, in the white ball cap, his buddy Lloyd next to him, I'm kneeling.

Sharing some photos of the car: