View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 04:59 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

After intense deliberations (the judges were well educated, thoughtful, knowledgable, and all business), hear this - all four 1967 big block convertibles were awarded with Bowtie award for all categories! Wow.

For the qualitative review the judges all act independently - not as pairs like they do for the quantitative. After all 8 judges voice an opinion, he/she votes with the Team Leader who also makes an opinion. I cannot speak for the other gents who scored the Bowtie but Dave and I were told the judges voted 9/9 "absolutely yes" for our car. What an outstanding compliment to the car's preserved condition. Our car is not massaged, enhanced, tinkered with, doctored up, or fluffed.

Gene Mano (400 level judge and Advanced Judging School Teacher) asked Dave and I if he could use our car in the seminar on day 1 of the school. Bill was asked to display his car on day 2 of the school. The NCRS wasted no time using the car for education purpose. What an honor. After the hour on the lift, it was pushed off to the side where John Ballard and Mr. Mano continued to review aspects of what makes the survivor cars special. Below is a photo of John (expert in all Corvette paint) explaining why our color, shade, tint, and stinger paint was absolutely factory original.

What a great day! Vinnie Peters (NCRS photographer and media expert) allowed us to push the Bowtie cars together for a photo.

Dan
Attached Images

Last edited by MosportGreen66; 07-27-2018 at 10:53 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MosportGreen66 For This Useful Post:
427TJ (10-09-2020), mockingbird812 (07-27-2018)