View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 02:26 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Daytona Yellow 69 Camaro

Hello sYc, I wanted to share some info and pics of a 1969 Camaro a friend of mine picked up. We got the car and being a numbers guy I began checking it out. The engine and trans are missing and it is quite obvious the Camaro had see some race days- wheel wells opened up for large tires, tow tabs, and a sun tach box on the drivers inner fender. Now keep in mind i am Chevelle guy and still learning Camaros, so the CRG pages are worn out from my search for info. the body tag shows X11, the bulkhead has X1 written on it as well. it has black deluxe interior (712). Where it begins to get interesting to me is it has a big block heater cover, the cowl hood harness and throttle arm. there is a 12 bolt in the car but we have determined it is not the original unit, the Camaro is a 03D build and the current rear end is BU1112G1with the E below it. it has traction bars but i am not sure of the manufacturer, they are angled on both ends and use the J bolts. The body is Daytona Yellow (76-76) and there appears to be a single black stripe on what remains of the original yellow paint. The core support appears to be the original and still has the tuning decal on it even though it had been painted over at some point,I carefully removed the paint and it appears it was a CH or 375hp tuning decal-the image shows the original one on top and an example of the CH decal below. We received the NCRS document and it identified Baldwin Motor Co as the dealer and Mar 26 1969 as the production date. Well just wanted to see if anyone might know of some good sources for tracing info related to Baldwin and anything else we might be able to check to identify more info about this interesting Camaro. Thanks Andy
Attached Images

Team Chevelle #3135
ACES #08305
1969 Chevelle Trim Tag Research (On-going)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry vv5654.jpg untitled.png tuning decal comparison.jpg traction bar pass side.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...