View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 08:03 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

I've gotten a few messages about the undercoating and what I used. Seems the gooey mess looks good and others want to mimic my mess!

The product is RestRick's undercoating. It's just about as identical to factory undercoating/ sound deadener that you can get. It's ready to spray as-is, no mixing, and what I use to spray it is a bottle and shutz style gun from a used Raptor spray bed liner kit. I use a very low PSI, like 10 or so, and it comes out thick and goopey and really looks original. Raising the pressure will spray it finer. Excellent stuff and paintable like the inner quarters are.

The purple paint poses poignantly although procrastination presented itself post haste! But finally they will be mounted tomorrow if I don't have to go to work! Adhesion promoter in the epoxy, then flex agent in the clear. That should compensate for any wiggle that happens during installation. Hopefully not creating cracks like Ray the Plumber displays during a call to fix a leaky faucet!

I was lucky to get these painted this morning since it's oh...I don't know...a billion degrees right now?

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
big gear head (08-14-2020)