View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 11:10 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

Wow! Awesome find and congratulations! You've gotta be excited for sure!!

What I did for my shop was divide the buildings. Yes, I'd loooooove a shop that was visible from Alpha Centauri, but when I walk out my door, I didn't want to see the Empire State building. What I did was to build two buildings: one 1200 sq. Ft., and another 900 sq. Ft. In addition, an oversized 1000 sq ft 3-car garage on the house. The main big shop will be divided into a paint booth with parts mezzanine on top, a 2 post lift in one space, and a clear bay on the other. The other building will be the MCACN shrine...er....the reassembly and clean room for newly painted cars! Basically, one dirty shop, one clean shop followed by car storage at the house if needed.

Obviously, this works for me and not most. Mainly because I sell all my cars when done anyway so car storage, while needed, isn't the main concern. My main concern is keeping newly painted cars away from all the dirty crap! This decision for me comes from years of having different shops and what worked and didn't. What I found myself doing was always dividing bigger buildings into smaller ones to separate stages in my build process so one doesn't muff-up the other. I can handle that part! So that's why I decided to do smaller shops. Well...I guess smaller is a relative term. They are also located across from each other for ease of transfer between the buildings.

Just another suggestion for you to consider besides the bigger building concept. Keep us posted...and nicely done!!

Cheers
Dave
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
dustinm (01-30-2019), firstgenaddict (12-14-2018)