View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 03:16 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Some great idea's from Sam and others already. I'm in a colder climate (especially right now as it feels about as cold as Uranus ) and like the idea of the compressor built in so it's away from elements. A soundproof closet with a vent works well and maybe create a drip pan and a drain for it. I know you're in Texas but I think there's a continental shift in weather patterns with cold weather reaching deeper south in recent times. This year especially.

Another big thing for me was adding air to my ceiling on retractable reels. Since doing this between bays, I've never had the need to pull ground hoses across the shop and have never used my wall mounted connectors since. Quick and easy to pull down and across the shop and one tug so they roll right back up. They rock. Lot's of shut off ball valves around the feeds as suggested earlier. Oh yeah, if I was building another shop, I'd definitely install a urinal and a hand sink somewhere!!! I can't count the times I've walked out to the shop to start on something and said, damn I gotta pee now. That usually means walking back to the house, then I stop to look at emails, snack on something and pour another coffee and wastes so much time. I finally get back to working in the shop and bam, 60 minutes later the cycle starts again.

I have concrete between my house and shop, and if it wasn't there'd be a 120' cow trail from all the washroom breaks. As we get older we gotta pee more, don't forget that.

Congrats on the exciting time for your shop build out. I'll be watching.
markinnaples (04-01-2019)