View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 06:28 PM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidmack View Post
If there is a paper trail that supports mileage, I think this is actually a good deal. I think there's some upside to this car down the road, too.

The undercarriage photos were taken with a flash, which always makes rust & scale look worse. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by this car in person.

I like the Evapo-Rust idea, but part of me says to leave it alone. Maybe a coat of WD40 or Boeshield to darken up the scale a bit more? With survivors, I'm in the camp saying excessive fluffing is frowned upon. Once you start taking suspension pieces off, you may not know where to stop. And, once factory fasteners are broken loose, it's one more piece of a very low mileage car that's been altered. Again, just another guy's opinion...

Jeff
Jeff
after thinking about this I have to agree. I talked to the dealer and he is no slouch. Has some six figure builds he has done and puts some big dollar cars through Mecum and BJ. Says he has this car because he always wanted it, grew up in PA and knew the car so when it came up he got a call on it. He said the same thing about the undercarriage, it is part of the story and he really did not want to fluff it and take that part of the story away. Appreciate the opinion, right on the money.
The Following User Says Thank You to daleone3 For This Useful Post:
Tidmack (01-21-2020)