View Single Post
Old 12-04-2023, 11:13 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,724 Times in 859 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumbleguts396 View Post
Hello all, I’m looking for some help trying to ID the Day 2 after market ignition box that was previously installed on the firewall of my 1969 Big Block Camaro. I’ve owned the car about 15 years and the original drivetrain is all missing. So I restored it into a Day 2 street car. The previous owner told me it was a street racer turned 1/4 mile track car. But never cut up. I’d like to reinstall the same ignition box that was previously installed prior to my ownership. The only thing I have to go on is 2 screw holes in the firewall directly above the heater core box. The 2 holes are 3 1/4 inches apart. The typical boxes that I’m aware of that used 2 mounting holes are Mallory (see 2 photos) and Accel square style boxes. However they don’t come even close to fitting directly above the heater box and hood when closed (unless the heater box was removed back in the day). So this leaves me with the long narrow MSD etc style ignition boxes, however those are 4 hole style boxes. Anyone have any suggestions or clues of manufacturers that used 2 mounting holes spaced 3 1/4 inches apart? Much appreciated Rob

Found my answer!!!
What a fantastical bad azz stance!!!!
2013 Corvette Grand Sport 60th Anniversary
-Delivered to Bill Jacobs Chevrolet, Joliet, IL
NCRS#66003

“Education is what you get when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don’t.”-Pete Seeger

Dykstra Motorsports
The Following User Says Thank You to dykstra For This Useful Post:
Rumbleguts396 (12-04-2023)