View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 11:03 PM

Thanked 2,029 Times in 645 Posts

I feel your pain Rich. I've been looking for a "real" red or gray LS5/M22 equipped 70 Chevelle for two years now and 5 of the 6 cars I've looked at have been listed as #'s matching or having a build sheet to document them have turned out to be a re-stamp or the build sheet is fake. The real one I found on craigslist had some poor floor and trunk repairs done before the seller bought it so I passed figuring I'd regret it later. I'm starting to wonder if I made a mistake letting this one go? It had a nice build sheet and window sticker and the M22 was the only major part that wasn't "born with" but at least it was a 71 CT warranty replacement.

Most, but not all 70 Chevelle's I see offered for sale today are built up cars by shops looking to capitalize on the current trend of many buyers not caring if the car is real or documented as long as it's pretty. An individual has to be willing to spend significant time studying critical details I won't mention here or pay someone who is an expert to make sure your getting what's advertised. I think there are officially more 70 Chevelle Super Sports out there now than what Chevrolet built, just took them a while to catch up to the 69 Z/28's. Do your homework and be very careful if your looking for one of these cars, it's truly a jungle out there!
The Following User Says Thank You to carnut4life For This Useful Post:
SS427 (06-29-2021)