View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 08:23 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9C1Beater View Post
Yes Rally, they are Delco Big D shocks. I cleaned them up with Simple Green and a toothbrush and they are still like new. I doubt they are the originals, owing due the car's 120k miles and the fact that the LASD probably ran the cr@p out of it for 8 1/2 years. Woody Smith, the film editor who bought the Nova may have replaced them during the 3 years he drove it...all of the work he had done was performed at 4 different Chevy dealers in the LA area. I could not find any paperwork that he changed them.

I'm headed today to the storage space where I keep the Nova and will take pictures of the rear brakes and shocks and hopefully post them on here tonight. Good to hear from you.
Thanks for the info. I installed these Delco Big D rear shocks on my 72 Nova SS that came from the factory ordered with the F41 suspension. My F41 originals were long gone when i bought the car and rear sway bar from a loal guy. So i purchased these Big D shocks which are heavy duty like the F41 suspension shocks and got the rear sway bar setup and turned it back to the F41 rear suspension original setup. Looking forward to the pictures you will be posting. I worked with guy back in the late 80s who purchased a used 9-C-1 Nova police car used by the locals police dept. They bought a slew of those cars back in the day. i am thinking it was a 77-78 year Nova. Took me for a ride and that car had plenty of get up an handling for sure. To bad he got rid of the car.

Last edited by RALLY; 01-26-2019 at 08:30 PM.