View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 05:12 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Hi Gang, very interesting topic for me, for two reasons; obviously, The Car Reason and also that my day job is (partly) permitting EVCS (Electric Vehicle Charging Stations) - I work the local jurisdictions for our clients to get the facilities permitted and have done so for a few years now, about 25 sites for Tesla and more recently, another 25 for Electrify America. Previously, I permitted WTFs (cell sites) and did so for about twenty years.

Secondly, we also bought a new Chevy Bolt last June - and to echo what was previously said here, it's a great commuter car for Mrs. Anthony, as she works about six miles from home and it's been great for that - and it plugs in to our household 110 outlet, no mods necessary at all. Of course, it's a terribly slow charge at home, but in a pinch you can pay ChargePoint while you sit in a Walmart parking lot or somewhere else - in fact, she has two third party chargers at her work parking lot, but she likes to let others use those that have more of a need. I've only ran into range anxiety with it once, using it all day here in SoCal...

In fact, it was only a few days old during The LA Roadster Show last year, and we had our own impromptu "50 years of Chevrolet" display with it and The Camaro... now, that was funny!

Cheers everyone, Anthony
Attached Images