View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 12:49 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Searching for missing parts has been productive the past week. Happy to have found a nice original May distributor that I can rebuild for the car and have an NOS tune up kit coming for it as well. The car is getting a new exhaust system c/w resonators from Gardner, and a host of other parts have started to arrive so I can get to work and dial in the Z. Also caught up with Bill Hodel for a good chat yesterday and will send him the smog pump for servicing before it goes back onto the car.

I'm going to keep this car as factory stock as possible. A shift from the performance based drivetrains I've grown accustomed to over the years. I must be getting old or something? In saying that, I'm trying to take a less is more approach to the horsepower and enjoy what the factory put out. Here's the dating on the distributor that I sourced to replace the one missing from the car. Great patina on an original casting, and soon to be torn down and rebuilt before dressing it with an NOS cap, h/d GM points, and rotor. I'm still searching to see if I can find a nice set of factory ignition wires for it a have some Acniter R43 plugs coming too.

Can anyone suggest somebody who can spin up a distributor put a good curve on it that's perfect for a factory 30/30 cam?