View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 03:57 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

The car is coming… I got my headers back from New Image Powder Coating, Jim did a great job. The shipping killed me though… hopefully the white holds up. I put the headers back in the car and quickly discovered the clearance between the original starter and the headers was only about 1/16” but it did fit! Too close for me so wound up flipping a power master mini gear reduction starter upside down. Plenty of clearance now. Power steering is in, BB Harrison radiator is in, 772 fan is in with reproduction BB fan shroud from Heartbeat City, pretty impressed with the fit. For the upper alternator bracket I used a Big Block corvette piece that uses a single bolt mounted to the cylinder head, my original BB upper mount wouldn’t fit with the Torker manifold. My alternator is the original 54k mile date codes 37 amp unit rebuilt and restored by a local guy. We swapped the fan and opted for an NOS GM deep groove pulley.

Went to fire the motor Thursday and discovered the ignition module in the MSD failed. Car would only run on 4cyl. It’s always something….
The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck_Burg For This Useful Post:
napa68 (07-26-2021)