View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 PM
SCR Sponsor

Thanked 3,065 Times in 901 Posts
Default 70 Corvette LT-1

Now that the car is finished (sort of), I'd like to share with all of you my 70 LT-1 Corvette. I had been searching for a while and found this car 5 miles from my house. I have know this car for about 5-6 years. The prior owner (3rd owner) had performed a frame on restoration of the car while adding his own personal touches.

The car is a legit 72,000 miles documented unhit car finished in it's original Donneybrook Green. After purchasing the car in May of this year, I reinstalled the original shifter, emissions system, wheels, and ignition shielding. The car retains it's original drivetrain including the carb, alternator, distributor, and smog pump. This car was ordered as an M-20 wide ratio with a 3.70 limited slip differential. Additionally, the car has AM / FM, Tilt / Telescopic steering, burgler alarm, and black vinyl interior.

This car is was ordered on Febbruary 28th, 1970 from Yarnall-Todd Chevrolet in Wheeling IL by it's original owner Mr. Larry Domas. The car was built on May 19th, 1970 with Mr Domas taking delivery on May 28th, 1970. This car is documented with the original order form, original dealer invoice, pre-delivery inspection sheet, Illinois title registration form, window sticker, tank sheet, and Protect-O-Plate. Furthemore, the owner history is complete with no gaps. The one unfortunate fact of the car is the block received a light decking in 1997 during a rebuild. The broach marks are mostly gone although the stamps can be read.

According to correspondence between later owners and Mr. Domas, Mr. Domas had considered a 454 or even a ZR-1, but the wait to get he car was too long for his liking. Subsequent owners managed to maintain the car in its original form until 2005.

I hope you enjoy the car!

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...