View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 08:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts

I had a very nice pedestal tach that I had bought from Dana and was pretty happy with it but thanks to Mark Bulow for pointing out that the face was somewhat abraded and the needles were faded I went out and found one thru Albert G. It does look much better so I am glad he pointed it out. In addition and thanks to Jason I was able to trade up for an NOS monitor and as of two nights ago we got it wired up. A little neater than what Yenko did but safer and we used the same style connectors, tie wraps and tape that he used. The exact same wire loom he used (Ma Bell phone cable) and yellow 'lights' lead to the fuse panel was used exactly like what was done at Yenko.

Also, the original hole that they punched thru the firewall was reused. Oddly enough, the triangular plastic factory plug that is on the other side of the wiper motor and had an "X" cut thru it as if to run a cable thru it was not used. Maybe they did not have enough length in the wire and said screw it, lets just punch a new hole in the firewall and run it thru there. Right, wrong or otherwise that is how it was found so that is how it got restored. HOWEVER.....and I just realized it while posting these photos that the yellow 'lights' lead was electrical taped to the main harness so that will need to be corrected.

I fixed and updated the wiring and it now matches the original. See last photo.
Attached Images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations

Last edited by SS427; 03-21-2019 at 08:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SS427 For This Useful Post:
Xplantdad (03-21-2019)