View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,082 Times in 357 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Regarding the inheritance; I don't believe it is the MAIN factor. Even though I numbered them 1 and 2, I didn't mean to imply that was an order of priority or importance.

It isn't just that people are dying. It is the generation of folks who are dying; people that saved all their lives because the depression scared the chit out of them. I went to see my Mom after work today. She was wearing a robe that she made about 10 years ago. She still wears a winter coat she made. She didn't have a "store bought" dress til she went to high school. She mowed her own lawn until she turned 87. My Dad never finished HS and never made any decent money. My Mom stretched it beyond belief. Dad was making less than $5,500 per year in 1968, and they had four boys all in private schools. My Dad made the dining room table that is still in Mom's house. 40 years later, and it is still gorgeous. I didn't live in a house with central heat and air until second semester of my Sr. year in HS (1971). No big deal if you are in San Diego; big issue in central OK.

To that add this: over 572,000 more people died in 2020 than in 2019.
Yeah I have seen this too. It's said that each generation's perspective is very much shaped by recessions (and the depression).

There might be even more factors out there, fast wealth creation for some folks for example.

US population is aging as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pro Stock John For This Useful Post:
Bigbirdxx (06-11-2021)