View Single Post
Old 08-19-2023, 03:02 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts
Default My Journey& Garage/MyCave

The new application launch will be by Tuesday 8/22/23. There have been so many delays due to countless revisions, scope of the project expanding and program challenges of old platform architecture. I'm not sure it is set in stone until it actually launches, but I'm very optimistic.

Presently I'm refining the specification for Memorabilia and Projects. This project has taken a lot of time (2plus years) and money which has been frustrating at times, but I hope you all appreciate and utilize the application. There will be ongoing improvements as we move forward based on feedback from you our Contributing Members.

Only Contributing Members will have access, and in effect my way of saying thank you. Also another feature to differentiate this site from other. My Journey and Garage is your exclusive area to tell your story and share with members your journey, interests, cars, projects, unique skills and how and where you spend time with your cars.

Here are some snapshots of My Journey which is comprised of a few questions to help members get started. What you see now is how My Journey (and yours) is built. When a member looks at your journey, the content will look different.

Timeline: You are tasked to look through your photograph and documents to piece together your journey. Many times, I recollected a special moment which was quite cathartic & exciting, as the juices started flowing and I began writing. This is a fun exercise

Garage-MyCave: This is where you build a timeline of where you began your passion of collecting, restoring or just storing/admiring your cars over the years. Whether you just began collecting musclecars or have for 50 years its nice to see where it all began and how it has evolved. My first garage was a disaster area, but loved wrenching on my cars and bringing them back to life. I wish I had taken pics of my buddies and I pulling engine, swapping cams install the latest Day 2 go fast goodies....

Memorabilia: This is a complex undertaking because you have the big 3 in terms of promotional signage through the years. Gas pumps you have so many manufactures, models and types, literature ect....
I have reached out to a few memorabilia collectors and would love to hear from some on the site. PM me!!! lets talk....

Projects & Tools are fairly simple but need feedback to see members' interest.

Heres a few snapshots of My Journey and Timeline. Hope you like what see.

PM or call if you have ideas or like to provide feedback/ input.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
big gear head (08-19-2023), COPO (08-19-2023), L_e_e (08-19-2023), napa68 (08-19-2023), Xplantdad (08-19-2023)