View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 03:43 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I've been giving the sale of this car some thought, and have contemplated why the family would choose to sell, rather than continue to celebrate its history with the world. It's difficult to fully understand anyone else's financial situation, and the value of this car solely lies in its current condition being unaltered.

I recently visited Ring Brothers facility out here in Spring Green, WI. The Ring Brothers are known for their high dollar builds and I was shocked to see one of their high dollar builds with a dented quarter, door, and gouged wheel. The damage occurred in a shipping container while on its way to Europe. The employee said damage in shipping cars overseas in more common than you'd think. In this case, a strap let loose, allowing the car to bounce around. I always stress out any time I have a vehicle shipped, so having the Bullitt Mustang off and on a trailer constantly would freak me out. And DRIVE it to local shows? Umm, that's a nope.

The family has the equivalent of a winning lottery ticket. I was mildly surprised they have been as willing to parade the Bullitt car around the country as much as they have, as I'm not sure I would have had the courage to do so. ANYTHING can happen in transit, or while on display. The sale of this car, in its current condition, has the ability to change this family's financial trajectory for generations to come. Invested wisely, the proceeds should allow grandkids' grandkids to go to college for free, and/or have a down payment on a home. No one knows if the proceeds from the sale of the Bullitt Mustang would really help/change this family's financial situation, but I know it would drastically change mine.

With that said, I love guessing what cars will sell for. After weighing the provenance of this car during a conversation with my cousin, I'm sticking with a bold prediction: $10 million. In this 42 year old guy's mind, there's no other car that represents the muscle car era like the Bullitt Mustang. I think there are several people out there, with pockets deeper than I can fathom, who will duke it out for the right to say this car is theirs.

Jeff
The Following User Says Thank You to Tidmack For This Useful Post:
dustinm (08-16-2019)