Thread: Harrell Website
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 07:19 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Harrell Website

The recent debate about my funny car is quite interesting and confirms several of the theories, and dispels a few others, that I had about the number, and make up, of Dick's 1968 funnycars, including mine. In the past, my car has been discussed on various sites, including on here and the Harrell site, where the majority of the folks who are now involved in the debate gave it their blessings as being legit. Some of them have been pictured with the car, given interviews to print media about it, and most made posts on here and other sites about how "neat" the car was.

These types of discrediting posts are not uncommon on the Harrell and other sites, just ask Kim Howie, Helen Gibb, Mike Guarise, Ed Cunneen, Ken Boje, the Yenko family, and others. Why some sites would rather focus on the negatives rather then the positives is beyond me, and out of my control. The one thing I can control is how I handle this situation, which means I am simply going to follow the lead of these other fine folks, who choose to let things run their course without interference. The one thing I have learned, rarely do these types of threads ever benefit our hobby. More times then not, it only serves to draw people a part, not together.

I have had a ton of fun with the car, with lots of great memorable moments, and look forward to many more. Of course, none can compare with the shot of BBenny being blown off the wall at the SCR.