View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:17 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
Great story Gary, you could have written a book, its that good. Times with your Dad are memories to last forever. Growing up i learned cars and street racing from friends and guys on the street. my dad passed away at the age of 27, from a brain tumor Feb 28 1961. I was born Oct 28 1960, i was 4 months old. He served in the Army 1951-1955 i was USMC 79-83. Thank you for your service and i hope you find your YENKO.
Thanks Bugsy, I appreciate your kind words about my stories, they are wonderful memories to say the least. I would also like to thank you for your service in the Marines, and of course your DAD's service to our country. It really grinds me to see the crap that goes on today with people dis-respecting our flag and the national anthem, I just feel they are totally ignorant as to how they have their first amendment right and all the service men and women who gave their lives so they have that right to free speech. My DAD was in the Army as well, from 1942 to just after WWII ended, he was in the South Pacific as a Combat Engineer.

I found some more pictures, so I will be posting them soon, and along with those pictures, maybe a few more stories...

GM