View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 04:14 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Emerson View Post
ha ??

Jp
Hi Jp, that wasn't meant at you of course; I realize(d) that you were just passing this along, but like Steve & Tim - I would strongly caution anyone considering this type of adventure...

About 15 years ago, 2005 I think it was, I was at a cruise-in - Crystal Cove I think it was before they shut us down. And this Sunday am gathering attracted the best of the best in my experience there. Anyway, one morning they were putting flyers on certain cars - it seemed to be muscle cars and JDM types. It was a casting call for cars to be in a new movie.

If interested in having your car in a movie, they invited you to a meetup the next week, turned out to be an underground parking garage in Hawthorne I think it was, maybe Gardena... anyway, you had to show the flyer to get in and it was pretty cool - turned out to be for the new Fast & Furious movie in pre-production, I think it was F&F37 or something - the one to be set in Japan is all they would tell us. They didn't have a name publicized for it yet, but there were some movie cars there - all in all, a cool time and loud, every Honda driver that had a car there that was modded-out revved the beejeebus out of it and us musclecar guys would respond - kind of like a call and response - this actually made it into one of the movies - the one where the Hemi 'Cuda revs up before the street race with a Honda, Nissan, Toyota something...?

Anyway, they walk around the lot looking at cars and handing out contracts for your signature and further details if you're interested - they wanted my car and talked to me, and many others of course... I read through it; it was like a ten page legal document and when you read it closely, you were renting them your car at a rate TBD and they had complete control over the car and any and all operation - it was just a rental contract that said literally that they could do whatever they wanted, including mods (!) and in the event of any mishap would repair or replace at their discretion up to the "book value" of the vehicle or... and get this, if they decided, could keep your car (or what was left of it) and just compensate you that book value, not agreed value mind you - and never said which "book" either... you were basically selling your car to them for whatever they wanted to pay if they decided to keep it. This was while I still had my born with drivetrain installed mind you...

It was laughable really... I noped out of there after strolling around a bit and checking out the cars.

...anyway, that was the reasoning for my "ha" - nothing untoward meant at all Jp!

Cheers,
Anthony
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnthonyS For This Useful Post:
cruiserofland (02-26-2021), markinnaples (02-26-2021)