View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 09:50 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,137 Posts

Happy Memorial Day fellow Yenkonians!

With this past week full of administrative duties with my folks settling in next door, it rained today so I was able to resume Cuda duties since Ranch stuff can't happen in the rain!

I finished the final metal work on the fenders with two patches....well, three.... needed so now Crusty is no longer Crusty! Woohoo! I also finished the stripping of the FC7. Liquid stripper followed by a putty knife followed by an N95 mask (the real reason you need one! ) followed by 80 grit. You can see my enthusiasm for bubbling paint and if you think that's impressive, you should see me watching paint dry!

So here we are in two coats of DP. One might note that the fenders aren't aligned nor is the front fascia panel. And one would be correct! These have to come back off to get epoxy on the backside and then I'll bolt them back on along with the hood and valances once those are epoxied too. That way, just like the dip tank would do, epoxy all over and then overspray with FC7 to finish! With fresh bare metal I just wanted to get the exterior in epoxy today. Alignment later.

Now, Steve isn't paying me for all this extra small detail work. Actually, Steve's not paying me for ANY of this work! But this is how the SuperDave machine rolls. Actually, I don't know what that means, but while we figure that out, enjoy the pics!

This week will be window channel clean out, door jamb stripping and priming along with tail panel and trunk driptray stripping!

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A12pilot For This Useful Post:
427TJ (05-26-2020), big gear head (05-25-2020), markinnaples (05-26-2020), PeteLeathersac (05-26-2020)