View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 05:20 PM

Default Shriner Tin Lizzy info

I know its not a super car but I'm sure there are some collectors out there that have seen these over the years?

My dad and I bought this little Shriner Tin Lizzy at a local car show. Just couldn’t resist. It came with 2 new aluminum rims. We bought it not knowing if it ran. The owner just pulled it out of the shed and decided to sell it. It was his fathers; he had just recently passed and really didn’t know much about it. I got it home pulled the gas cap off thinking I was going to find a tank full of bad gas. To my surprise it was completely empty like someone had drained the gas. I added a couple of ounces of new gas, opened the petcock, and this thing started on the second pull. I’m going to replace the plastic rims with all 4 aluminum rims replace the tires and let my nieces and nephews drive it around on family events. We are looking into a year it was built. Anyone have any information on these cars? I am thinking it’s old, as I haven’t found one with the candle lanterns yet. The motor is very old. I’m going to get the serial number off of it to see if I can look up the year it was made.
Attached Images

Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...