View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Fred Gibb trademark

An interesting post by Mr. Pulde on this site, 11-5-03.

<font color="red"> I have just looked on this site after being away from it for a while.
To Motown Madman, 396L35 and others who don't know jack about things you speak so knowledgeable of.
Valerie DID not ask the owner of the Kirby car or any others for money to use the DH name. If you boneheads had any balls at all you would have asked Valerie her side of the story. Read the eBay ad a few times. THE WHOLE AD. It says, ìOriginal Dick Harrell #3 car.î Under Vehicle condition it says ìAn all original DICK HARRELL 68 Funny Carî. It is not, was not and would never be a DH original car. It also says "own a piece of history"; racing history comes from wins and famous owners. The DH name is a good piece of Jim Kirby history. What major event did this car ever win? It was painted Harrell colors so he could fill in for Dick. The name Jim Kirby was not one everyone went to pay and see. As for Dick switching to a Hemi and Kirby not wanting to. I raced against Dick and Clyde Morgan who was replacing Kirby in late summer of 70.
Both cars still had a Chevrolet in them.
Valerie asked Kevin who had the eBay auction for NOTHING other than to advertise the truth.
Porterfield was a personality situation. Late 80s, he was denied the approval of Elaine and Valerie both, to use Dickís name and signature. He has since used and abused it.
Think about it, T-shirts, mugs, hats and any other thing he could profit from, including appearance money. Now that diecast cars and other things are out he wanted in on that also. <font color="blue"> Seems Valerie hasnít asked Tom Clary to take the name off his car. Tom has been a true gentleman to the Harrell family, unlike others. GO FIGURE! This also brings up another issue. Tomís car indeed is a REAL Dick Harrell car and the other does detract from the value of there being more than just a few originals. </font> I have the Emails from Valerie and Kevin in front of me. Kevin understood and writes that he should have written it differently. Please make no mistake Kevins car is a good find and a nice one.Just not a Harrell car as advertised
This sounds like the same group that so called heard Nancy Gibb talk about another car, when in fact this same group had that wrong as well. Yep, it was Candy red and thatís all you needed to say it was a Harrell funny car. It wasnít even a funny car! This kind of talk is not fair or good for anyone. I see several names on this subject that call or Email Valerie and act buddy buddy then post crap to stir the pot. She has taken along with the grief of her dads death and losing everything to all the whores, including family and tried to salvage her fathers past for herself, her children and her grandchildren. It was said that Dick Harrell would be proud to hear his name of the loud speaker and to see his cars out there. 1st of all I knew Dick Harrell. He would not charge you people for information about your cars like Porterfield who had it all given to him. Dick would go out of his way to make building your car a dream come true. Therefore he would not be pleased to have people like Porterfield running his name.
Motown Madman quit hiding behind your keyboard and step up to the plate.
Dale Pulde aka Menmyfcs
</font>