View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Re: Wanted: 4 "CL" 14x7 wheels...

Nate,Sam and interested others(??), Wish I had any 35 year old " in the day" pics of misc 70 Camaros and their as delivered wheel coverings and/or options, but I dont.
I think any SS car without wheel covering options came with Body Colored 14x7 CL Wheels and the BowTie Baby Moons.
Any 70 SS Camaro ordered with Bright Metal Wheel Covers RPO #PO1 (73,000 vechicles) or Special(Simulated Wire) Wheel Covers RPO #PO2 (somewhat rare 3500 vechicles) I believe came with Black Primered 14x7 CL wheels. I do not know of any Original Survivor 70 SS Camaro with Full Wheel Covers to verify my thoughts.
The BowTie Baby Moon caps, I think came on 14x6 Camaro,Nova,Chevelle (no option) wheels as well as the No Option 14x7 SS Camaro wheels.
The Stainless Steel Bow Tie Baby Moons seem to somewhat common at larger swap meets (Carlisle, Jefferson, etc) but usually with misc dents & flaws. I have found a few NOS ones or very good used ones. I then have them polished to better than new. I havent sen enough NOS or otherwise sell on EBAY to know the value.
I recently bought two Kelsey Hayes CL wheels that are actually dated prior to my 01C L-78 70'Camaro. I have now learned that T coded CL wheels have a slightly different looking center section. This would be covered by the Baby Moon, but I could still tell if judging. Alan Colvins book suggest that Norris Technologies might have been the vendor for these "T" coded CL wheels.
Does anybody have any knowledge of these T wheels and might they have gone to the Van Nuys plant only ??????
I know..........TMI (Too Much Information)
Awaiting your comments,thoughts,pictures and rememberances

Chuck Sharin
70 Camaro R/S Z-28, L-78, R/S SS
69 Camaro COPO "recreation"