View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 05:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Yea Jose! That is the emblem my car had originally. Like I previously mentioned, I already welded the holes up. I was under the impression my car was sold at Stewart Chevrolet, which used to be in San Francisco before moving to it's current location in Colma, CA in 1972. I have two old Stewart Chevrolet frames. I'm guessing the original owners serviced the car there sometime and the frames were swapped. I wish I knew the story about how the Ellis Brooks Emblem disappeared. EVERYTHING else on this car was pretty well intact. I bought the car from the person handling the trust and they didn't know much. I know there had to be more stuff to go along with the car but no one seemed to know much. Someone doesn't keep a car for 52 years and not hold on to practically EVERYTHING. The other bummer is the family members handling the trust and estate sale wanted the car to be driving before they sold it. They took the car to some mechanic who put a cheap gas tank in it. I bet the build sheet was still on the original... Not a huge deal, just would've been cool to have it.

You can see the three holes on the left side of the tail panel, before I started the restoration.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuck_Burg For This Useful Post:
cruiserofland (09-07-2020), jbtech (09-07-2020), PeteLeathersac (09-07-2020)