Thread: 27? Mile LS6
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 03:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L72Biscayne View Post
Bill, the original owner was Jennings B. Summerour from Forest Park Georgia. He also owned my 1000 mile 68 Biscayne L72. He bought the Ls6 for his wife. I spoke with his wife back in 2017. She told me that he hardly drove the two cars. Both the Ls6 and Biscayne were sold from east point Chevrolet in east point Georgia. When Anthony Owed the car my friend Jeff put a low mileage smog system back on the car. I think at the time it had around 25 miles on it. Jennings owned a trucking company. He drag raced a 55 Chevrolet and a 62 409. He passed away back in 89.
----Thanks for completing the picture, L72! You know, every time I have looked at a picture of your beauty I had a small spark of recognition. One of our buyer's at Classic Motors back then (Gomer) bought the LS6 car from Jennings. He told me about your car, but I had forgotten about it. Things come full circle, don't they.
----When I lived on the Cape I used to sell Tony Corvette parts. He was one of the most fastidious collectors I've ever known. I was delivering some stuff one time and he was in the back of his station with a brand new 75 or 76 Corvette up on the lift. he was taking it all apart to bring it up to his standards. The car only had about 10 or so miles and he was virtually restoring it.....Bill S
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
dykstra (10-15-2021), L72Biscayne (10-14-2021)