View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 02:09 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,169 Posts

Believe it or not, I do not know. I put AVgas in the Z/28 over the weekend. But the pump is not marked for price, and I chose to dispense gas by the gallon rather than the $ amount. So, I pumped 7 gallons (the gauge was on 1/2 full... OK 1/2 empty for you negative guys) so figured I would be safe with a 16 gallon tank. The pump has no auto shut off, so if you pump too much, it just spills on the ground. Guess I could look at the credit card statement to see how much I spent.

It is normally about double the price of pump gas 87. Definitely worth it though. I have about 11.5:1 compression, and can run the timing a bit more advanced on the AVgas. Really wakes it up.

I haven't put gas in Sherri's plug-in hybrid in forever. Last time may have been in mid June when we went to a couple Red Sox games in KC. (BTW, GO SOX!!!!... they are batting .328 AS A TEAM in the post season... hope I didn't just jinx them) If I leave it plugged in over night, we drive to work without using any gas. Then plug it in and we get to the office, and use no gas coming home. We will probably be driving it to MCACN, so at least I will get that old gas out of the tank and have all fresh gas in there. I always use ethanol free, because the E10 and E15 stuff has a shelf life about equal to a piece of meat sitting on the counter.

Will have to look at the signs on the way to work tomorrow.