Thread: New Shop
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 09:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Steel pictures

Thanx guys excited to get a sense of completion. Need to do all the electrical, I will do it all myself, except the tie-in to the meter at the pole. Having an electrician do that. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Then spray-in insulation. Then I think I am going to plywood the entire back wall. So if ya want to hang something up ANYWHERE, there will be wood. Maybe paint it an off white, light color, not brite white. Neon lights, shelving etc. on that back wall will be much easier.
I designed the building with NO sky Lights or windows. That's why they make light fixtures. Another access for crooks. I know if they want in, they are in, but why make it a little easier.
Jason,
Yes this is an all steel building. We sunk in the steel plates as the pour set-up, and leveled them both directions. I beams get welded to those. 9" I beams, purlins etc. all steel. 26 Gauge siding. They did a nice job. They ended up nailing a 2 X 2 all around the edges except at concrete openings. Then after stripping forms, there is a little step there. This allowed the siding to drop down an 1-1/2" onto the little step. Helps with vermin etc. I can see light, so I will caulk it with good exterior window mastic all the way around on the inside. Then when they spray insulation, it will lock it in well. They spent 2 days on brackets, and cutting angles for the top roof gable supports. And welding the prefab. Then it all went up in a couple days. You can see in the picture the little angled supports that the top beams sit on, on both sides on the inside. They could have left those alone. But they beat them up with a single jack and welding them up also. This building is very strong. Danny
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to dannystarr For This Useful Post:
67 Nova Boy (05-05-2023)