View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 12:15 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,242 Posts

Garages and shops are a lot of fun to decorate. I and a number of friends have each done different things with their shop floors. While I like stamped and color concretes as well as all the epoxy finishes, I have seen many that also peeled with a hot set of tires being parked on them, and others to have been really slippery with the snow we get up here. Step out of a car and sometimes you're on your a$$. I think a lot of it has to do with the prep as well as the bonding agents in different toppings.

Charlie's floor looks killer on the house garage, and I like that clean look in some shops.

Personally, I've used the silver & charcoal-colored Race Deck free flow tiles a few times now and just love the stuff. I can still roll a jack on it, work on top of it or around it, and often tear it out once a year to clean underneath it before snapping it back in place. Here's a few shots of my old garage, my current storage garage on my house, and my current work garage which all have Race Deck flooring. The nice part is when it comes time to sell. Buyers always want it left behind and that becomes a good selling tool. If not you pull it out and use it in the next place.

My old double garage from 10 years ago. Buyer wanted it left behind. :-)

My storage garage attached to the house. Using silver and charcoal patterned with a black border and edges.

A separate shop space where I work on the cars. The same tiles are used here in a similar pattern to the house garage.