View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 05:59 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,868 Times in 1,000 Posts

While Jamie, Joe and crew focused on the body, we focused on locating parts, researching what we had and how it was originally and then restoring those parts to the finest of details. While I did much of the restoration work with a little help from my tech (doesn’t work nights or weekends), Annie helped with locating parts, tracking orders, keeping a log of all things in a nicely laid out binder and working hands on in the shop whenever possible. She was adamant about taking part in the restoration so I am seeing to it that she gets her wish. Many times she has brought me dinner to the shop and after eating we both go back to work.

The drum brakes still had part of the part code decal though not enough left to read what it was so hopefully someone here can help out. The car had its original wheel cylinders still on it and were 15/16" NOT 7/8" which really confused me as 1970 used the smaller wheel cylinders so I assumed the 69's did as well. It has a BA master cylinder on it. Note the black paint on the face of the drum and two separate places where there was a decal.

I was able to retain all the brake hardware other than the rear shoes. All springs, wheel cylinders, e-brake hardware, drums, rotors, backing plates, etc so very happy to have all the original hardware still remaining on the car.
Attached Images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations

Last edited by SS427; 01-12-2019 at 09:21 PM.