View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 04:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,546 Times in 1,170 Posts
Default Re: Car seller won't honor his ebay auction

I doubt you will get anywhere. Technically, you do have the right to enforce the contract via "specific performance", although that is a more common remedy in real estate transactions. Lawsuits are expensive.

I had the same thing happen last Nov.
Seller "canceled" the transaction.

Seller admitted to me that the car just didn't bring as much as he thought it would.

Paid the deposit of $1500 which he refunded on the next day, but get this... the refund was canceled. I received NO NOTICE from paypal that it had been canceled. You would think a transaction that affects your account by $1500 would merit notification, right? I didn't know until I got my bank statement.

I filed a claim with Ebay, and they don't give a crap about the transaction being canceled. They did say I was eligible to make a claim with their insurer, which I have done.

I don't believe you will get anywhere with Ebay.

I have still not been reimbursed the $1500. Seller says paypal canceled the refund by mistake, and all I need to do is give him my banking info so he can wire money. Yeah, right, I am going to give out banking info to a perfect stranger that I ALREADY don't trust.
Adjuster says they will pay my claim then refer the guy to the appropriate authorities for prosecution.