View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 12:23 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS427 View Post
The 4557 3967477GG carb is correct for a 49 state car as the California delivered cars take the 4556 3969894GP to be used with the charcoal canister.

As for the dates, the 012 carb is going to be about it as I believe the next available carb was manufactured on 035 which would be later than your engine.

In addition to making sure you have the correct date, also look to make sure that you have an assembly line carb with correct pieces and not one pieced together with the later counter parts or a restamp. Should also have the 4519 rear metering block and 6328 front metering block. Check over the base plate to make sure it is an assembly line piece and not a later counter piece. Also look at the airhorn area. There are many areas to look at for the base. Restamped carbs are all over the place so just because it has the correct stampings on it does not make it an original assembly line carb. Over the counter carbs have incorrect choke pulloffs, base plates, vent actuator arm, accelerator pump housings, throttle levers, etc, etc, etc so do your homework if you want an assembly line piece.
awesome thank you rick! Dave had given me the inspection report from you I want to slowly chip away at the parts on the car I plan on hanging onto it for quite some time!