View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 04:04 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Here is my C3 nightmare. Hopefully it goes smoother for you.

I bought a 60K mile 1969 350/350 roadster from the son of the original owner. It had been parked in a California garage since the mid 80's. He said that it had been under an awning with a cover for a few years before moving into the garage.

I had looked at the car in 1993 and told him that I would like to buy it but was turned down at the time. Flash forward to 2016 and I am now living in Tennessee. He contacts me and says he's ready to sell the car.

To make a long story short, everything mechanical that could be wrong was! The fuel tank had pin holes, the master cylinder and booster were kaput, the radiator leaked like a sieve and to top it all off the engine was stuck! Of course the rebuild of the engine led to a new clutch. When it went back together the mechanic said the transmission was making noise so I had it completely rebuilt. Turns out the mechanic screwed up when he installed the clutch!

The car was pretty squared away when I sold it but I was never so happy to see a car leave my garage.

Like I said, I hope yours goes way better than mine. Looks like a great car!
65 Impala 396/425
65 Triumph TR4 Original Family Owned
The Following User Says Thank You to travlnz28 For This Useful Post:
tom406 (11-19-2020)